AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a lot of work in photoshop and other very demanding applications, however I also need something to handle the very latest games. Would AMD be the logical choice or Intel. I know amd is the new gaming choice however a lot of other people say Pentium handles apps better.

Intel

Just a thought.....I was talking on the phone to a Intel rep who told me that there coming out with a Dual core processor and that information would be public around the end of Jan 2005

Who knows where processors could be in 6 months??
Right.

ya i heard about the dual processor core to in the january addition of maximum pc mag. so if you would like to no more about it just get that mag im sure they will be following it up every month with more info

Re: Re: Awsome!!

Snake-Eyes said:
Can you run FarCry on highest video settings?

Well, if it requires more than 500 megs of memory than no, as doom 3 does, but if it only requires as much graphics card power as like UT2K4 or Halo, than you will be alright. Most likely, yes, I would say, but I have never played farcry on the comouter I mentioned.

AMD = Better

Overall, AMD would be your logical choice, it is highend for gaming and performs 18% better than a pentium processor in it's equivialnt (stats from PC magazine) (AMD 64 3400+ v. P4 3.4 GHz) so I mean highend for gaming yes, but evens out about right for apps aside P4, plus when the new windows 64 bit comes out at full force, and new 64 bit apps are being created, it will show the true potential of the AMD 64 chips, they are only working at 1/2 speed now.....just something to think on.

All i can say is im quite happy with the 1st AMD system ive built .
I came from PII 233/ PIII 750 / P4 2.53 / P4 2.8 / Then there came the next generation of P4 EE and AMD FX . After a great amount of research and study at the time AMD FX was a solid choice . Intel has its work cut out for them in order to win me back :) .

Processors Comparing

I have always personally believed, overclocking of the Processors to be hazardous at times, but if you are going to OC, I suggest you to it to an AMD Athlon, they can stand temperatures up to .. 60C I believe, whereas a pentium at 50C might.. well break and crash on you, and your short a few hundred dollars. AMD's are the gaming processors, whereas Intel Celeron Pentiums, hold your better business days.

Re: Processors Comparing

Rodrigo said:
I have always personally believed, overclocking of the Processors to be hazardous at times, but if you are going to OC, I suggest you to it to an AMD Athlon, they can stand temperatures up to .. 60C I believe, whereas a pentium at 50C might.. well break and crash on you, and your short a few hundred dollars. AMD's are the gaming processors, whereas Intel Celeron Pentiums, hold your better business days.

Desktop Athlons will take 65C...i ran a 2400+ for a while at that temp and its still wroking.

My mobile can take temps up to 100C...very kewl.

50C won't hurt your processor at all, be it Pentium or AMD...unless we are talking ancinet chips. But you said Athlons and Celerons...both will take well over 50C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom