Money to spend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I will be getting money to spend soon, roughly $500, and I was thinking about either getting a nice 5.1 sound system for my room or upgrading to a 6800GT. I am leaning towards the 6800GT because I want my PC to be able to play some of these new Doom 3 engine games (RTCW 2 and Quake 4) and I want to turn the settings up and still get smooth framerate. Plus, I can sell my X800 for about $200-$250 and get part of my money back. However, one of those 5.1 systems truly sounds appealing. What would you do?

Yeah upgrade the vidoe card - but do you seriously think you'll get $200-$250 for a second hand graphics card. In my experience it doesn't matter how good it is, its still second hand.

Since if I were in the same country I would offer you a maximum of £40 which is about $75.

I may go down to $150 on it. It still dissapoints me that I paid $400 for it and it sucks as much as it has. But from what everybody tells me, if I get a 6800GT, I WILL get what i paid for.

Get the 6800GT and sell the X800. With the $100 left over and the roughly $150 from the X800 that's $250. I have a Logitech 5.1 system that's like 270watts max and it was only $220 and it sounds awesome. Bestbuy has this system. I know Klipsch(however it's spelled) are nicer but I really can't tell much of a difference between this system and theirs. The sub with the Logitechs is huge also.

I've heard really good things about these speakers. They're currently $289 on newegg. Say that you take the $500 to spend and get $200 for the card. That will give you about $700 total. Use $289 for the speakers, and $400 for the 6800GT, and you're golden.

I agree with everyone, get the 6800 and with the money from the X800, get a nice set of logitech speakers.

You'll be getting the best graphics and the best sound out there.

Damn, I got ripped off ! Lol, I got them like a year ago, guess the price fell. The Z-5300's on newegg are only $143.50+$16.99 for shipping. I wouldn't spend $289 on the model up. I can't imagine anything better than what I have, especially for the price. The Z-5300's should definately surpase your expectations. Unless you are a audio freak, I would go Z-5300. Even if you are the audio enthusiast I would still recommend them. They are clear and can rattle my windows in my room very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom