Keyboard/Mouse Not Detected (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdawgjts2663

Baseband Member
My Keyboard works in my motherboard's BIOS, but it is not detected when I am prompted to enter my password on the start up screen (windows) I have no clue what to do. I just installed new RAM and would that have anything to do with it? I really need help. My computer is brand new (custom built) and before I put in my RAM the computer was wroking fine, no problems with the keyboard or mouse. I started with wireless keyboard and mouse duo, and that didn't work at all, and I went out and bought a wired keyboard to plug into my PS/2 port b/c the wireless was on a USB port, but that still didn't work in windows, yet it worked in the BIOS. Can anyone tell me what is up with my computer freakin' out on me. I mean I have an ABIT motherboard with (939 socket and a AMD 64 3400+, but I don't even know if that helps. Please, if anyone now, give me somw insight!!!

They are plugged in securley, and the wireless was ran through a USB port, and the keyboard works in the BIOS, but not windows...

I'd say double check the same thing Major said. make sure in the BIOS that the ps/2 port is enabled.

other than that, since you did say the ram was new, try putting the old ram back in and see if you get the same problem and windows isnt freezing or something at logon.

also make sure usb is enabled in the BIOS and try plugging in your wireless combo at the logon and see if you get an hourglass like its detecting it and wait a tad.

other than all that im stumped. :confused: hope that helped some

MST3kGeek said:
I'd say double check the same thing Major said. make sure in the BIOS that the ps/2 port is enabled.

other than that, since you did say the ram was new, try putting the old ram back in and see if you get the same problem and windows isnt freezing or something at logon.

also make sure usb is enabled in the BIOS and try plugging in your wireless combo at the logon and see if you get an hourglass like its detecting it and wait a tad.

other than all that im stumped. :confused: hope that helped some

Well, thanks for the help, I did that USB thing earlier b4 you sent this thing out, and thanks for the help major, I didnt have to activate PS/2, but I did have to activate wireless in the OS for some reason. I finally fixed it!!! but PS/2 wired keyboards still dont work??? oh well, as long as I have my wireless, lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom