Dell OEM Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. You do know that you might be waiting a long time for 64 bit Windows. It has been just around the corner for almost a year now.

The Rage said:
I'll bet you a beer that activation will be on "64" or "longhorn"
and it'll probley be more annoying as they pointlessly try to "stop pirates"... oh yea, thats sure going to work :rolleyes:

The problem is that no one really knows when Win 64 (Longhorn, same product) is going to be released. If you can get your hands on a cheap OEM Win XP, that will probably be the best bet for now.

dell xp cd

my sis got a dell and i burned her xp reinstall cd and put it in my computer that i had reformatted
the computer starts but doesn't recognize the disc and won't install, it just stays on a black screen with compaq in red

The reason that it doesn't install is that you don't have the computer to boot from the CD ROM first. If you have two optical devices, figure out which one loads first and use that one.

bios settings

ik that, but when i reboot the computer i can't access the BIOS Mode to change anything and i've tried loading it from each cd-rom dirve many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom