Netscape 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ISP would not give you the mail server names? I don't beleive that. Why would they not want you to be able to use the service they supply ...

~ Fawks

D.Arbib said:
God knows I have tried what you suggest and many other combinations and none of then log into Netscape.

Be sure to put the proper user name in or you won't be able to login. I haven't had a netscape addy for years. I'm not sure if the user name includes netscape.net or just your email addy without netscape.net. Try both.
Want a GMAIL box? I have invites!

This is copied from another forum. I don't know if it will work with "Incredimail".....sorry, I'd dump Incredimail if I were you. It's junk.

There's a "glitch" in the Netscape.net webmail setup wizard in Netscape 7.xx mail. You have to click "cancel" when you get the "connecting to server" message after you type in your name.

The Netscape.Net Webmail forum here has a number of threads on this issue. For example:

http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2244
"Mailbox creation on webmail server failed" messag "
and
http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3387
Email account setup

Here is the "workaround":

From a Netscape 7.xx MAIL window, go to Edit > Mail&newsgroup Account Settings.

Click on Add Account > Netscape Webmail account > "I have an existing account".

Enter the screenname and password for the new netscape.net account under "Current Member sign-in". The Netscape Mail Setup window should appear, asking for the name you want to appear in the "from" field.

After typing in your name, click the Next button, and wait a few seconds after the "connecting to server" message appears, then click "Cancel".

Then click "Next", then "Finish" and the Netscape Webmail account will be set up in Netscape 7.x Mail.

Oriinally sent:

Your ISP would not give you the mail server names? I don't beleive that. Why would they not want you to be able to use the service they supply ...

Try them and see.

To Rage:

Yes, I know how to setup multiple e-mails in Netscape because each one uses ther server. What I don't know and can't find out are the server details I require to put into my e-mail collector, Incredimail (I know there are others, but they all need server details).

Another tid bit. What you are trying to do may not be possible. Another copy...

Netscape.net accounts use a proprietary protocol; so Netscape 6/7 with AIM is the only mail client that can do access it.
You can use any browser.

Putting a 2nd e-mail address in Netscape is easy. Both use their server, but getting details of the server pop and smpt isn't that simple.

I use Incredimail all the time. But without server details of Netscape I am forced to use their own mail.

On Incredimail I have e-mail server details from Hotmail, BTopenworld, Lycos, Compuserve and Opera, but cannot find the Netscape server details. Does that resolve your confusion - hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom