Style XP - Bootscreen problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsko87

Daemon Poster
Using Style XP I tried a customized boot screen but after a while i got sick of it a wanted the original Windows XP bootscreen back, so in Style XP i choose restore ntoskrnl file, which gave me back the original XP bootscreen but every time i boot up i get a OS selection screen which has two options which do the exact same thing (Windows XP Professional (Bootscreen) & Windows XP Professional).
After it counts down for 30 seconds it automatically selects one unless i choose, but its really annoying and if i switch my comp on and do something else for a sec while it boots up it takes longer.
Any ideas on how to get rid of the OS selection screen?

I wanna do a format soon anywayz but id like to know how to get rid of it.

Thanks dudes

You can edit your boot.ini.
Right Click My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Start Up and Recovery settings.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

That looks like something can be alted or deleted in that stuff...do i just deleted one or the other?

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe

That is the one that looks funny to me. I'd wait for someone to back me up.

A while back I had a boot screen nightmare. StyleXP was the program. It totally locked me out of my system. I choose not to mess with boot screens as I do not want to reformat!

yeah i dont think i'll use bootscreens anymore anywayz...thanks guys.
I'll wait for a few more opinions b4 i change the boot.ini

Major do know about the boot.ini?

Just a thought...If you pick the 2nd one does it boot to the default boot screen? If yes, you really don't need to edit the boot.ini. Just do as I said before...Right Click My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Start Up and Recovery>settings. And choose the 2nd one for default. Then Uncheck time to select operating system.
Get rid of StyleXP. I use Starskin for themes...not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom