Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane55686

Beta member
When rebooting my PC, a black screen comes on with a cursor blinking for about 10-30 seconds, and then it proceeds to show the Windows XP splash logo, is there anyway to prevent or stop this black screen with the cursor, as it slows down the boot time.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem, please tell me.

Thanks!

I am talking about before the XP splash screen, there is a black screen with a moving cursor, I am wondering how to remove the black screen.

go into bios and set the boot display info to minimum, fast boot, etc... there is a choice to show startup/bios info and not to. disable that. just check bios for other options on the startup... time for me to go home!

killians45 said:
go into bios and set the boot display info to minimum, fast boot, etc... there is a choice to show startup/bios info and not to. disable that. just check bios for other options on the startup... time for me to go home!

I did that and it's down to a couple of seconds. you have to have some time to get into safe mode.

hmmm... so it boots faster but the cursor still appears? any new software added, sounds like config files are being loaded

its not abnormal, depends on whats loading up. Just because you see the cursor isn't necessarily cause for alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom