Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
I have acquired £200 ($380) over xmas. What do you recommend buying to upgrade my system [X-Blade (in sig)] with the money. [If i do decide to spend the money on my computer...]

nothin....you don't really need anything unless you want to go with a 10,000RPM hard drive....that'd probably be the first thing I suggest.

With that money you could buy 2 76gb 10,000RPM Raptors.

I've noticed my mobo only supports up to P4 3.6 GHz and that might be the reason why i'm having some oc'ing dificulty. What mobo would you recommend ?

Sorry man, I know NOTHING of Intel based boards so I really couldn't tell you a good board that's ideal for OC'ing, a good chipset, etc..etc...

Suppose though you could get a new mobo and a 10,000RPM drive and your comp should be screamin

not that it isn't already...

ok thx, i'll see whether anyone else replies with a suggested mobo.

What about if i bought a new processer and mobo, then what would you recommend ? (for £200/$380)

I'd put that money away, your computer doesn't really need any upgrades, at all.

As Nubius suggested though, if you really are keen on putting something in, grab two 36GB Raptor drives, set them up in a RAID 0, and then use your other drives as back up or secondary drives.

youve got a good mobo dont worry about changing that. i say go for the 2 74 gig raptors, put them in a raid array 0. that should use most of the money, but if you acquire any more loose cash you might wanna consider another gig of memory, should help with gaming and any really intensive computing tasks you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom