Complete Lack of P4 performance =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
My computer has been a complete pain lately. It is a brand new PC that I built and the specs are below.

Basically what occurs is, whenever I am doing virtually any task (whether it be web browsing, watching a video, etc) the computer does the following:

(1) Makes a beeping noise
(2) A second later, a clicking noise occurs
(3) Meanwhile, for one to five seconds, the computer is extremely slow (or even freezes).

Also, I have noticed the following:
+ it takes a lot longer for the computer to boot up (approximately two minutes)

+ when burning a DVD, my buffer is only at around 35% (it was previously around 97%).

This has been occuring ever since I had installed .NET Visual Studio (an extremely large programming studio).

Any suggestions are DEEPLY appreciated. :D :D

1 Remove all malware.
2 Clean clutter.
3 Defragment your harddrive.

For malware removal us spybot s&d, adaware, avg antivirus or avast on administrator.

For cleaning clutter use this:
http://www.glocksoft.com/temp_cleaner/
on administrator so it can remove all junk files

For defraging your harddrive, use the windows defrag tool.
start->all programs->accessaries->system tools->disk defragmenter

The beeping noise could be just some malware using your pc speaker and the slowing down and freezing could be it too. The clicking though, is usually the harddrive.

avg antivirus? is that a brand of anti-virus or do you mean "an average antivirus" (probably a stupid question).

Also, for defragmentation, I am probably going to use the defragger by Fix-It Utilities (by V-Com).

http://www.v-com.com/product/Fix-It_Utilities_Home.html

I haven't defragged my harddrive in two months.

However, do you really think that is the reason why my computer is freezing (while making beeping and clicking noises)?

The beeping noise is occuring from within my computer. I do not have any speakers hooked up to my computer at this time.

I'll try to explain to you the sounds as best as i can:

computer starts to freeze for a few seconds...

- single beeping noise coming from within my PC. It is not extremely loud, but very audible

- two seconds after the beeping noise, a single click occurs. This noise is quiet

I understand that disk defragmentation speeds up one's disk reads since all of the related data would be together, but are you positive that there is any chance that a defragmenation will actually stop the PC from freezing for instances of two seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom