How much of a difference will it make...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also need to know that any of the crap about high performance RAM is non-sense. All RAM made by the same company is the same and all RAM has adjustable settings. You can make Hyper-X run like ValueRAM and you can make ValueRAM run like Hyper-X (Kingston Respectively). People have told me thousands of times that I cheaped out on my DDR2 RAM and should've gotten some Hyper-X. Screw them, I bought ValueRAM and right now, my RAM is running better than Hyper-X with better timings and everything. I have friends who have bought all these crazy systems with performance RAM and their RAM is bottlenecking their system right now. In other words, the high performance RAM is actually creating a low performance environment. I will always suggest ValueRAM it is your choice to buy it or not to buy it.

Read this and make sure you get ValueRAM. My DDR2 timings right now are 3-2-3-8 and those are the best timings I have ever seen. Currently, DDR2 Hyper-X has timings of 4-4-4-10 and after that, it becomes unstable. Do yourself a favore and screw the Turbo!

Actually they both are the same thing the one is just higher clocked than the other im sure if you got the PC3200 you could OC it to PC4000 with loose timings which most likely will be the same so just get the PC3200 its a bit cheaper and will do just as well as the PC4000.

Neosteve

neosteve is right. Most motherboards automatically OC the RAM if you run it in a 1:1 ratio. I don't know how the ratios work out on an AMD Athlon 64 platform, but on Intel's we have 4:5, 3:4, and 1:1. Out of those three, 1:1 is the best for overclocking.

Sevoma, he doesn't need to pay higher for lower cas latency. He can do the modifications himself. It isn't very difficult to go into the bios and give the ram more voltage and change a # or two you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom