Bought a Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
4W4K3 said:

Stop trying to flame every single person on the forum who has the time and passion to build a custom rig please.

Ok 4W4K3,
As long as you guys stop trying to flame every single
person on the forum who has ever bought a Dell, HP,
Compaq or any other brand name PC.
Some like to build some like to buy, to each his own
ITS ALL GOOD :)

paint

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA, im so lite ritee noww..But \\\
4W4K3 is my guy, he's been here hella longer then you

we got a

DELL BOY AND MAC G5 BOY

Nothings now

I'm sitting in front of a Dell 8250 and it's just fine. Like I said, it's "fine". There is nothing spectacular about it but then again there isn't anything wrong with it. I put in a 9800pro but that's the only thing I could upgrade without going to Dell. But I totally agree that the BIOS sucks about 453 d!(ks. There is absolutely no oc potential. It is almost 3 years old and it played Doom 3 like a champ with medium settings. I'm selling it now b/c I wont to build so I can oc and get the most out of my games. So BUY IT ! Oh yea, I'll sale it buy parts. Buy the 9800pro or the 2.4Ghz cpu for cheap. Anyways I better not throw to much of a sales pitch. Bottom line, Dell's are great for your everday person who e-mails, surfs the net, and DL's music.

paint said:
Ok 4W4K3,
As long as you guys stop trying to flame every single
person on the forum who has ever bought a Dell, HP,
Compaq or any other brand name PC.
Some like to build some like to buy, to each his own
ITS ALL GOOD :)

paint

I myself have 13 name brand computers consisting of Dell, HP, Compaq, E-machines, IBM. My dad uses mostly HP's and IBM's my mom and sister both like compaq. I myslef own HP and E-machines. I see what you are saying ant totally understand that it can be a good route to go if you dont have time to build your own. I can't magically stop everyone from dissing manufacturer bought products...but i odn't encourage it at least. As far as building i have a 4:13 ratio (4 being built, 13 being bought)...

Hi all well I hope I did not mess up getting a Dell 8400 here is what is on its way to me now..
Dell 8400 case + motherboard + power supply+keyboard,mouse
The motherboard has the Intel 925X chip I am pretty sure the motherboard is made by Intel but won't know until it arrives Jan 3rd.
The power supply is a 350 Watt that I would like to change if possible.
Comes with XP Home
What I have bought so far with this is a p4 3.4 (550) GHz W/ht
socket 775.
Okay $500.00 investment so far.
First timer here trying to put one together I hope I am not going in the wrong direction.
I was a crucial.com today looking for memory Now according to them I can use the ddr2 667MHz memory and it is compatible. I can not find no reference at Intel's site to back this up, I thought ddr2 533 was the highest I could use. One good thing is I have limited funds and time to find out before making a mistake on choices of things to put into it.
Sounding pretty stupid here but are the Bios in the motherboard?

DDR2-667 can be used on a 3:4 ratio. Which means your memory bandwith is more than what the processor can handle. I suggest DDR2-533 since it will run in a 1:1 ratio and it is usually better for overclocking. Plus, in a 1:1 ratio, your memory will be overclocked as you overclock the processor.

Thanks Megadeth2

Yea thats good advice thanks Megadeth2 for your information about the memory, I just hope that the Dell isue is not going to sting me when i get it all together and up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom