How is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
In these benchmarks on Tom's Hardware, the AMD Sempron 3000+ beats the AMD Athlon XP 3000+.

For starters, how is this possible? Why would AMD create a budget processor that is cheaper, yet beats it's more expensive counterpart in DirectX 9 benchmarks?

That is the only benchmark that the Sempron wins in, but I have another question. What caused the Sempron to win in the DirectX 9 benchmark, but no others? The Sempron 3000+ and XP 3000+ have the same core (Barton), the same FSB (333 MHz), yet the XP 3000+ has a higher frequency (2.167 GHz vs. 2 GHz). How could the Sempron win?

Those benchmarks have been fudged. There is no way that is possible. The Barton clearly has the advantage and it actually trounces the AXP 3200+. Looks like AMD has some reworkind to do. Only other reason I can think of is that the T-Bred B is better than the Barton which isn't very hard to believe.

That Sempron may have just been a really good proccesor from the batch and the XP may have just been a really bad one, there's many different factors that you hvae to take into consideration when looking at benchmarks.

Anyways, as you yourself have said, the XP outperforms the Sempron in every other benchmark, so it's obviously the superior proccesor, and I think that benchmark has been flawed anyways.

Hence why I tell people to stop basing their purchases on toms hardware guide.

People always say BUT LOOK TOMS SAYS THIS CHIP PWNS

doesn't mean it'll do the same in your system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom