Did I get an excellent 2500+? WTH!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Hey 4W4K3, you should check that post I made for speeding up boot times.

"Speed up your startup" is the thread name. You should try it

Downloaded, i will run it tomorrow morning. if i reboot between 11PM and 6AM my computer will not let me login (account is locked in those hours, network rules :( )

Read through it though, looks very awesome!

I've been disappointed ever since I found out that Athlon XP bartons have locked multipliers. The guy I got my XP 2500+ says it'll do 3200+ on an NF7-s at stock voltage. I'll have to switch to a mobile so I can lower the multiplier and up the bus speed. I'm particularly looking at clocking a mobile 2600+ over 2.4GHz with a Thermaltake silentboost and using my newly ordered Abit NF7-S v2.0. I should have the right memory too. My black mushkin lvl 2 will do 240MHz with 2-2-2-11 at 3.2v but I think the Nf7-s can only supply 2.9v and I don't want to run my memory real hot anyway so I suppose I could get a real good overclock. I am concerned about whether my 400w PSU "will do" or not. Now that i'm done bragging my question is whether or not I should fork over $30 after selling my athlon 2500+ and buy a mobile 2600+ or just keep my 2500+ barton?

By the Way, Nubius, you won't get your 2400+ XP-M to a 275MHz FSB, so why buy that OCZ platinum?

What I just bought off of eBay!-

Radeon 9800pro 128mb/256bit (r360 core?) = $175
ABIT NF7-S v2.0 with everything = $64
:p - I'm a happy fella!

By the Way, Nubius, you won't get your 2400+ XP-M to a 275MHz FSB, so why buy that OCZ platinum?
Says who? I'm looking at some patriot sticks with Brainpower PCB and Samsung TCCD chips which are supposed to me among the best for overclocking.

Why you think the 2400+ won't reach 275 is beyond me though.....as long as the clock speed is within normal specs the only thing that'd prevent me from hitting 275 would be my motherboard or NB if it didn't have adequate cooling which I plan on putting on there.

Besides 275 IS pretty high so I was shooting for 240-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom