Intermitant Internet Access with NetGear DG814 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Been having a problems for the last few days with accessing the internet via my NetGear DG814 Router/Switch/DLS modem. It will work fine for a little while, and the after about 30 minutes to 3 hours, I started getting "CANNOT FIND SERVER MESSAGE" on websites.

At first i thought that this might of been an ISP released issue, but my ISP as not reported any faults with their ADSL access.

I have found that in order for me to access the interent, I need to turn off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the Router. And then I am back on for the next 30 minuts to half hour?

Any suggestions on what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it???

arg!!!! problem needed fixing with upgrading the firmware. But some how I got a bad flash when i was upgrading to firmware 4.7.
This then reduced my functionality of a router down to a switch. 18 hours and a lot of sweet talking (and B.S.ing) later to technical support down in Australia, i was then able to get a quick on the spot replacement.

I really pass on my thanks to the people in NetGear Australia for breaking protocal just this once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom