Error loading operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooya i have it set to turn off the harddrive when it times out

im looking at it right now trying to change the setting on my computer setup and disk time out is a different color than all the others and it wont let me change anything

drumerdudeman said:
ooooya i have it set to turn off the harddrive when it times out

im looking at it right now trying to change the setting on my computer setup and disk time out is a different color than all the others and it wont let me change anything

See if you can change it in safe mode

i got the disk and tried to boot off of it and repair but it didnt even bring up a menu or anything off the disk

i made sure the drive was first in the boot order and also told it directly to boot but it just waits a little and gives me the same error loading operating system message

i dont understand why its doing this, all the other similiar threads where this happened to someone it was be cause they changed their hardware, but i didnt do anything the computer was just sitting there

someone suggested trying to work on it in safe mode

how do i get to safe mode and once i am in safe mode what do i do

if you know anything please help i need this computer back and working

also do you think all my files are gone because i have alot of music and stuff on there

safemode is part of windows xp so that wont work, this also happened to me and I tried SOOOO many ways to fix it but I ended up having to reformat...

and yes I tried the repair option on the disk

what exactly is reformatting and did it work

did you lose all your files

and did you even get to the repair option because it wont even come up when i boot

Ive had this problem before. To fix it go into your bios and change your hdd's access mode to LBA. Thats what fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom