Wireless Lan woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Hey yall I've been having this problem for a while now and Its finally gotten to the point where I need to fix it.

Well ever since we got the laptop we've been using a router and wireless lan to connect the two computers. The problem is ever since we've had this setup we can no longer submit anything onto the web. By submitting I mean posting on forums, signing up for anything, uploading pictures and stuff like that. The only way to do all that stuff is to disconnect the router and to just use the modem, or by using AOL. The rest of the internet works fine however.

We'll I've been doing that atleast 5 times a day for about 6 months now and I'm really sick of it. Now that I got a new computer upstairs in my room I dont want to have to go down stairs to unhook the thing. I'm thinking its with the Router settings? Anybody know how to solve this?

Sorry I now realize this is the wrong forum for this type of thing. However I can't delete it, it wont let me...

Your router may have some sort of built in firewall or something similar that blocks certain things, check over the manual, I'm sure there is a way to adjust the security settings.

Yeah well I've lost the manual and I know the answer is on the internet. I'll look for it tomorrow if nobody can help me out directly now. It would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom