Windows Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Solid State Member
I don't know what happened but my computer never told me I needed to activate XP. I heard it through this forum so i went investigating in my computer. I searched for activation and it gave me a html document. I click it but it doesn't load, it gives me all these errors and i cant click anything on the site. So i can't activate it. What is the number I can call to activate it or can someone give me the link or something so I can activate it over the internet. I went to the windows activation site by microsoft and all that does it tells you about it. It doesn't tell you a number to call or what to do on your computer to activate. Some one please help me, ty :) !

I ve attached the html document that is on my computer at home.

Attachments

• mellennia.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
Is it a legitimate copy?

When you first install a legit copy, it will ask you if you want to activate your copy and you can pick no, it will then work for 30 days before you have to activate it or reinstall it.

If it is not a legit copy, there are work arounds for the activation and it will not ask you to activate it.

Did you buy a copy of xp and install it yourself, or did you buy a computer with it pre-loaded? Most systems that come with xp already on them are already activated.

i bought it from dell, and it came preloaded, so your telling me that it has already been activiated and i have nothing to worry about??

I am sure it is already activated, if it wasn't, believe me, it would let you know, over and over...Heres a simple way to tell, untill I activated mine, when I clicked start, at the very top of the start menu, right above 'windows catalog', was an 'activate windows' link. As soon as I activated, this disapeared.

if you click on start programes accessories then system tools you should see Activate Windows. If you then click on that it will tell you if windows is already activated

HTH

XP Professional Corperate edition doesn't require activation.

Also, be carefull if you upgrade, you might have to re-activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom