stumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
i know a lot about audio, but i cant explain this failing of computer equipment and audio combined. i had to reformat my hdd and i got a win2k disk and everything was fine. Although the sound didnt work and it is an onboard port. I downloaded the driver from widows update and the audio worked fine. But it is very glitchy. also my OS isnt operating as fast as it used to. My friend set some setting about a system cache a long time ago but hes gone and i dont know where to find that....will it help? This question is already in the audio forum but i thought it was much more important to find out about this system cache or whatever it is. So basically i am questioning how to access this system cache. I think its called system cache. Its like the amount of memory the OS can use to do stuff.....but when you turn it down....it just speeds things up. ANY and ALL help is appreciated.

well thats a program....there is some setting somewhere where you can not allow windows to use so much memory...thereby speeding up your system...i think. This is bugging the heck out of me since i cant get ahold of my buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom