Memory Problem!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziska

Beta member
Ok i have a hp pavilion 7940 1ghz 256mb ram and windows xp and i wanted to bring my ram up so i bought a azenram 256mb pc133 chip. At first i got it and it had 4 chips on each side and it was smaller than the ones that were in my pc already. I only have 2 memory slots and each were full with 2 128mb chips so i had to take one out and replace it with the 256. So i did and it loaded up the the blue hp screen but i couldnt press anything or do anything and it didnt beep either. So I tried every way of putting it in possible but it still didnt work. So i took it back and they gave me another one that now looks like the ones i have, the same size and 8 chips on one side. So now i tried this one out in every way possible and i cant get it to work. When I put it in with 1 of the old ones it doesnt make a difference in the ram and when i look in the bios it says not installed. But when i put it in by itself it doesnt start up at all. It stays on a black screen and beeps like 1-3-3-1, and i cant get in to bios. So when i look on the net for the beeps it says that it means extended memory error but i have no idea what that means. If someone knows what im supposed to do PLEASE tell me cause im losing patience!?!?!

That computer takes PC100 RAM. Its RAM capacity is 512mb. So get Two PC100 256MB Sticks.

Here is information about your memory.

RAM (standard)
128 MB RAM PC100

Maximum
512 MB (2 x 256 MB DIMM)

Speed
100 MHz synchronous

Sockets
Two - 168-pin DIMMs

Size
32, 64, 128 and 256 MB DIMMs

Type Supported
SDRAM, Intel PC SDRAM unbuffered DIMM specification, revision 1.0 compliant

Make sure its SDRAM DIMM PC100. I dont know if your computer fully accpets PC133. Just get PC100 and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom