Need help setting up Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1rsp

Beta member
Problem is my system will not let me setup Windows Xp any version or Windows 2000.I can setup Windows 98 with no problem.Even tried to upgrade from 98 to xp and will not work.
Windows will do a recycle continue.
I run a Celeron 2.2 MHZ with 512 meg DDR Ram.On a MoBoStar M266 Board.
This is same as my system which is running XP.I reformat drive do low level format also.Changed memory,CD Drive and still get the same results.System starts to copy the XP setup as far as doing the setup files then continualy recycles computer.
I even copied windows XP to the drive on another computer and I get a blue screen of death when I hook it up.
The computer does not have anything hooked to the board except my HD and CD Rom,and memory.
I also did a reset of the cmos by shorting the pins.
PLEASE I NEED HELP BADLY!!!!
Please email me if you can help at n1rsp@qsl.net
Thanks for looking

if i read this right, you have another pc that is the same (exactly?) with XP running on it... first, and i have to ask... are you using the same XP cd to install on both pc's, second, have you tried swaping the hard drives for the install (put the new hard drive into the old working pc and install it there, then move it to the new one) this should work if the PC's are identical.
also, have you checked all your hardware/mobo/cdrom/mem ect. against the MS list of supported hardware... if it's not on the list, A: it won't work or B: you will have to have the drivers ready. let's start there.

PS we will respond on the forum so that others who may encounter similar problems can read what's posted. if you would like to be notified by email... configure email notifications. the only private conversations in email would be if you needed to tell me (so that i may help you better) that you were indeed using a pirated copy of XP, b/c then it is possible that you have the dreaded "MS lock" and would require a 3rd party app to clean the system :D

Yes I am using windows XP Pro Corp which is a copy from a friend.I use it in every machine I have setup for myself and others.This computer was running for well over ayear up until I got a virus and or trojan.I had to reformat and never was able to get XP or 2000 back on said computer.

What is the MS Lock third party cleaner and how to use it?I will have to do what I can to get windows XP back on the computer.I am ready to make a new window in my room or use the puter for target practice.

i can't find, nor would i share if i could such a crack tool... however if you wanted to see what was available to you, you might try searching for something along those lines on google. there's bound to be 1000's of websites.
oh and you didn't say anything about a virus i don't think... lol i hope it's not in your bios! had that happen to me once... mobo was worthless after that
however, a Corp. edition would not lock you down ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom