What is overclocking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
overclocking is making your computer run at faster speeds than it is designed to. there are many programs which you can do this with, and with some motherboards you can do it without any other programs

Overclocking can be defined as making your computer go faster than stock speeds at which it was running at. You can overcloack various components in your p.c. The main components that people overclock mainly would have to be the CPU , Graphics Card and memory.

Now why do people overcloack.
People overclock to make there computers run faster which intern runs programs better.
Other people overclock to do benchmarks. These are test to show how fast your P.C is. These people compete to see who has the fastest P.C in the world.

If you do decide to overclock be careful because you could seriously damage your computer.

Absolutely. Overclocking voids your warranties however, so don't expect to get anything replaced or fixed if the worst should happen.

VintageVibe1976, i suggest you learn as much as possible to OC before you think about doing it. I dont know what system you have, but some systems work better then others.

In my personal opinion programs arent the best OCing solutions , I would have to say messing around in BIOS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom