newb build

Status
Not open for further replies.

esteban1125

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I've just started to create a new comp. Have no experience but looking to change that.

here's the hardware i was looking at so far. lemme know what you guys think.

Video Card

cpu

mobo

case

HD

memory

OS

cdrw

I will most likely get a better cdrw drive later but i just wanted something that i could use at the moment. Well there's my build. lemme know where to improve. I want to stick around the $1000 range if possible.

Thanks

Your Graphics card wont work with you motherboard because your motherboard doesnÂ’t have a PCI-Express slot only a AGP slot. Also rather get a 3000+ or 3200+ and then get better memory.

Neosteve

I would get a better case, and why woud you want to get a 3000 or a 3200..? The 3500 is socket 939 and alot better.

Codeine the 3500+ is really the same thing as the 3000+ or the 3200+ but just higher clocked. The 3500+ has the exact same chip as other and wont make such a big overlcoking difference at all so it would make better sense just to buy a 3000+ or 3200+ and get better memory or something else.

Neosteve

Codeine said:
I would get a better case, and why woud you want to get a 3000 or a 3200..? The 3500 is socket 939 and alot better.

both 3000+, and 3200+ have 939 sockets also available if your on the budget your on. I would recomend get the 3000+, or the 3200+ and get better memory, or graphics card

add on

I was taking a look on newegg and it seems there isnt too much of a difference between the prices of 3200+ and 3500+. i believe $40. So i was thinking of keeping that. I will upgrade the memory to the one recommended.

However, what type of case would be good to use? Also should i get a power supply also?

Thanks

You are going to have some killer ram there.

As for what type of case i say any kind is ok as long as it has a few fans with it to cool your system down. I would recommend the Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case just because i got one and it does very well to keep my system cool.

What power supply do you already have?

If you donÂ’t have a power supply already I would recommend the OCZ Power Stream Series also make sure you get over 300W to meet your system requirement safely.

Steve

Edit: I never saw the case you choose before. The one you choose should work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom