6600 GT problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
just got my 6600 GT video card today the install was easy but when i install drivers and reboot a message came up saying:

Power Indicator:

Nvidia Powered grahic card is not receving sufficient power.

To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations.

i have a 425W PSU i know everything is alright but what should i do?

didnt see no where on the card where you connect a power cable. and it didnt come with a power cable.

its just a Single AGP card. i installed and its reconized all Drivers are install it works fine just comes up with that message evertime i turn on the computer.

EDIT::well i just open comp back up and found it had a place for a power cable on the card. so i plug it in. and no more message so i guess its ok? heh Thanks for the info.

am thinking of buying this card myself... do you need a special cable for power, or will one off my psu work?

yeah one off ur psu will work fine, is ur psu good enough, i recomen atleast 400watt maybe more!!

yeah i just got a tasty new Antec PSU, just need to find me a site that has the card at a decent price and i'll order me one!

cheers for lettin me know about the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom