DVD Burning with multiple hard drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

barhoc11

Solid State Member
I have tried figuring this out and searching for an answer but nothing is working. I just installed a second hard drive as 'slave' on my primary IDE cable. When I try to burn at 8x on my dvd burner(master on secondary IDE) using data from the newly installed hard drive I get a 'power calibration error'. I have changed IDE cords, tested and made sure that I can burn fine from my 'master' hard drive at 8x, I do not know what else to do . I have wasted many blanks trying to troubleshoot this problem, if anyone has any clue to what is wrong I would greatly appreciate a response. THANKS!

Can you burn from the other hard drive?

Also when you install a new hard drive dont you have to do something to it to make it transfer data for burning, maybe this is on older computers. But i thought there was something.

Yes, it burns fine with the other hard drive. I dont know about any extra settings to it to 'make' it burn. If you know something I dont please let me know.

OK I was wrong, I could of swore it would burn from the first hard drive, now its getting the same error when I try to burn from the first hard drive. I dont understand because when I turn down the speed to 4x it works when burning from either the first or second hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom