ultimate gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a waste of money right there, no consumer application out right now, even the most hardcore games, would ever need that much memory.

yep, i agree with you there. But did he not say:

what should i put in it im getting everything at cost so im not worring about the money thanks

also, just to clear this up, 4 148Gb Raptors in two RAID 0 arrays does not equal 600Gb, its just below half that. im sure no one is that bad at maths, so you must have you RAID array mixed up. RAID 0 writes information two both of the hard drives simultaneously. It therefore, can be accessed and written to at approximately twice the speed of the single hard drive. this RAID function means that your storage space can only be as big as the capacity of one drive in the array. if that makes sense... :confused:

sorry if it sounds like im havin a go at you man, but being corrected is part of learning.

Raekwon is right there.
If money is no thing to you. You would buy the best of everything instead of a p.c which is not expensive but can play the game equally as well as the best p.c on the market. All I know is I would buy a dam expensive p.c if money was no thing to me instead of a normal p.c which has the same performance in games.

Im saying this one last time. As for the best processor FOR GAMES the FX 55 is the best and no Pentium can beat it in GAMES overall.
The 570J is a good processor and will beat the FX 55 in video decoding and whatever. But in the end it wonÂ’t beat the FX 55 in games final.

Neosteve

yep, i agree with you there. But did he not say:
You're missing the point, sure he could go with 4 gigs of memory if he really wanted to, but he will NEVER have to use that much memory for at least a year, probably even more, and by then, much faster memory will be availible and his memory will probably be getting pretty obsolete. It's like buying a house with 5 bedrooms for one person, what's the point?

also, just to clear this up, 4 148Gb Raptors in two RAID 0 arrays does not equal 600Gb, its just below half that. im sure no one is that bad at maths, so you must have you RAID array mixed up. RAID 0 writes information two both of the hard drives simultaneously. It therefore, can be accessed and written to at approximately twice the speed of the single hard drive. this RAID function means that your storage space can only be as big as the capacity of one drive in the array. if that makes sense...
I know perfectly well that four 148GB drives does not equal 600GB, but I clearly stated nearly 600GB, not 600GB right on the money. (Actually, those drives probably aren't even 148GB exactly, most drives are generally smaller than what they are specified as for a number of reasons, but let's not get into that.)

All I'm saying is your average gaming PC doesn't need 592GB of space, and you are suggesting leading edge technology which is far more expensive than bleeding edge technology and probably isn't worth what they are selling it for.

I also know perfectly well what a RAID 0 is, but again, I was suggesting a RAID 0+1. I would much rather have 296GB of space all archived nicely than have 592GB and have a larger risk of losing 296GB worth of data.

Ha! The FX-55 would be better compared to a Pentium clocked at 3.8, or even 4 or more Ghz! As already stated by someone else, the 570J is the best one to compare the FX-55 with. Although if games are what you are after, the FX-55 will beat out pentium proccesor, it's your best option right now if you really want that much power and have unlimited cash to spend.

Get a FX-55 with 1 stick of ocz pc3200 and get one more stick once you start to notice lag (in a few years). Dual 74gb raptors and a 6800 gt with water cooling on the cpu and the gpu and your going to have a awesome pc.

what motherboard do i need for the amd fx-55 i wanna get a mobo that i can put up to 4gig of ram for the future and a mobo with pcie

Ok well if you want SLI wait a bit and get DFI or Abit's version of SLI motherboards if you want one right now the A8N-SLI-DELUXE will do or MSI or Gigabytes solutions but i suggest you wait. All those motherboard support the FX55 and up to 4gigs of ram and also have PCI-E so they should be perfect for you.

Neosteve

ItÂ’s a pleasure.
WhatÂ’s SLI? Let me put this in a simple term.
SLI is where you use 2 graphics cards in your case 6800GT's because there is no 6800 Ultra yet for SLI out to run games and benchmarks at twice the normal speed of 1 graphics card which intern runs a game or application better, faster and smother. If you want to run SLI you will need 2 graphics cards which are identically the same in all ways and a motherboard that supports SLI.
ThatÂ’s about it.
ThatÂ’s perfect what you getting from eBay it will do the job.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom