Is win32us.exe important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Well, I ain't good at knowing if certain files are needed to run Windows properly!

Anyway, I had a power outage today as most know who live in Northeast of the U.S and when it came back on I jumped on my computer (turned it on!) lol...and when I got to my desktop at the bottom was a warning sign and it said File win32us.exe - Corrupted File

What is wrong? Is it a major problem? Should I be worried?:amazed:

MicroBell said:
Win32us.exe....Backdoor.Ratega... is a Trojan Horse that gives a hacker complete access to your computer. By default, the Trojan listens on port 6969 and notifies the hacker through email.

Delete and clean!!!

More info..http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.ratega.html

FYI..This File is not present in XP S&S if thats what your useing.

I am using Windows XP Professional!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read all through the link you gave me and that said win32.exe and mine is win32us.exe but I think it is basically the same thing!

Heres my problem - My task manager is screwed up and only shows Tasks (That are running like IE and AIM and crap!) And my other problem - For some damn reason my Norton Antivirus has never updated the definitons sinse May 22nd 2003! I have a good subscription still yet it says

Unable to connect to host
LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file of available Symantec product and component updates. Please verify that you are able to connect to the Internet and run LiveUpdate again.

:eek: I don't want to format my damn PC again!!

ALSO:

I scanned that file with my Norton to see if Norton already had it in their database sinse the virus came out 1 month before my live update ended yet it couldn't find the virus!:confused: I also tried deleting the virus but that error popped up that I attached in the next post!:(

download the removal tools from at least 2 vendors (mcafee and Symantec). Disable system restore, restart ur pc and boot in safe mode without any networking, etc. Run the removal tools.

Now Im really confused! I just did a Full System Scan and I was able to update my Norton with Definitions cause I downloaded them from the link MicroBell gave me so after that I did a full system scan and it can't find a virus anywhere!!!

Why? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom