Did I get an excellent 2500+? WTH!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius is your 2500+ XP Mobile multi's unlocked.

Neosteve

I have a 35w 2400+ XP-M and the multipliers on the mobiles are never locked

It's mainly the 2400+ XP where you gotta look at the week inwhich it was made to see if it was before week39, before they started super locking their chips.

My Vcore is a little bit higher than everyone elses....kinda sucks =/ but I can still manage to keep it cooler than most anyone else too lol.

2.4GHz for me would take like 1.75 or so, can't believe you can hit that at 1.625 4W4K3...I'm so jealous!

It did fine over night (well, 6-7-hours instead of 12...) but oddly it locked on me during Counter-Strike this morning. Poo! Oh well, 1.7 volts isn't bad.

Nubius said:
2.4GHz for me would take like 1.75 or so, can't believe you can hit that at 1.625 4W4K3...I'm so jealous!

With fluctuation it will be from 1.6-1.65v but under load its almost alwasy 1.6v-1.62v. I hate fluctuation! Wonder if it would run at 1.6v in BIOS...

[img=http://img69.exs.cx/img69/3383/24208iv.th.jpg]

Edit: Well instead of lowering voltage i just went and jumped to 225*11 @ 1.625v and it worked lol. Gonna run NFSU for a few hours to make sure, but it passed super_pi and pcmakr04' already. 225MHz 2.5-2-2-5 @ 2.65v is pretty awesome for CH-5 RAM i think...i hope it proves to be stable. if so then 228*11 will be next step, 2.5GHz on 1.625v would be insane.

225MHz 2.5-2-2-5 @ 2.65v is pretty awesome for CH-5 RAM i think...i hope it proves to be stable. if so then 228*11 will be next step, 2.5GHz on 1.625v would be insane.
Bah! Yeah that'd be insane. I forbid you to do it! :p Man i wish I could have that low of Vcore. My temps would probably constantly be in the 20's Celsius lol.

Those timings are your RAM are awesome considering it's overclocked and aren't they rated 2-3-2-6 stock?

Not only that but only 2.65 dimm!! Yeesh....you're gonna wake up with a missing CPU and RAM :p muahahahaha

awesome for CH-5 RAM
I'm assuming you gotta look at the RAM stick, but how do you find out what kind of actual chips they are using?

I'm still debating whether or not to get those Platinum Rev 2's

I know it'd make my system scream especially considering about every article I read showed it hitting DDR550 Speeds.

They had 275MHz with 3-4-4-8 timings....pretty loose timings but still, I had a chart showing the increase and whatnot and that's about where you hit that trade off between MHz and Timings for the most optimal speed and memory transfer.

Nubius said:
Not only that but only 2.65 dimm!! Yeesh....you're gonna wake up with a missing CPU and RAM :p muahahahaha

WHAA!!! It takes 1.65v to hit 228*11:( but that means i can probably get 230+*11 at 2.65v too i hope. They are stock 2-3-2-5, but will only run 2-2-2-5 under 217MHz...past that no boot. 2.5-2-2-5 will get me anywhere form 218-240+...but PSU wont let me go anywhere past 238MHz i believe.

Nubius said:
I'm assuming you gotta look at the RAM stick, but how do you find out what kind of actual chips they are using?

Thats one way, but they have charts (Google) that will tell you what type of chips your memory uses. For the OCZ EL PC-3200 DualChannel Platinum kit they use A) Promoss Mosel Vitelic B) Winbond CH-5.
The Winbonds are better at overclocking and take much less voltage than the Promos, so i think those are the ones i have. I'm almost positive my first kit was Promos as they wouldn't do 1MHz over 215FSB no matter what voltage or timing, and they had lots of memtest errors even at stock...so maybe they were just defective.

http://img28.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img28&image=228x116mo.jpg
http://img95.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img95&image=228x1120dp.jpg

2.5-2-2-5 will get me anywhere form 218-240+...
That's insane though, bumping down the timings, especially the Ras to Cas, last time I knocked that down it was error city so it's surprising you can bump that down and go up in MHz

I want those Platinum Rev2's but then also I don't want to have to remove my motherboard to add to NB cooling =/

I think if I get them I'll see how far they can go without needing to adjust any NB settings.

Sucks I can't get temp monitoring though for it =/

Also I can't see those two images you linked. They are shrunk so the text is all garbled.

You got a temp probe for your memory btw?

What's the local and remote temps? Guessing the 39C is your NB temp?

And why won't speedfan read my temp! =P

Nubius said:
Also I can't see those two images you linked. They are shrunk so the text is all garbled.

You got a temp probe for your memory btw?

What's the local and remote temps? Guessing the 39C is your NB temp?

And why won't speedfan read my temp! =P

Click on the image, it should expand to full size. it does for me...

It's built into the motherboard (DIMM sensor). I narrowed it down because when i increased my DIMM voltage it went up, and when i lowered my DIMM or sat idle itw went down.

Yes Local is Chipset (after clearing CMOS or shuttin off PSU it resets all my titles to default..i usually have them set to Chipset or NB or sumthin) gottta fix that.

The Remote temp is my HDD, sitting idle it doesnt get hot at all. Also have to rename that. SATA on this board is kinda "iffy" and every reboot it will sometimes detect the sensor, sometimes it wont. if i dont mess with FSB or anything it will detect it at every boot...but i went from 225-228 so it renamed it again. kinda annoying.

I'm not sure why it wont work with your board...you have latest chipset drivers and all that? I never had a problem running it...

Click on the image, it should expand to full size. it does for me...
lol duh, I didn't even click on it lol, I did 'save as' and just saved em to desktop and forgot to take out that I didn't see them because I did...just took a longer route.

You know what, I probably don't have the absolute latest chipset drivers...never updated them, simply installed them via the motherboard drivers....I should look into that...any particular set of drivers work the best or just merely look for Abits updated ones?

That's crazy...you need to live near me and show me this stuff :p

Like I said when I tried choosing sensors, I have 3 to choose from and they always show -47C, 48C, and one says 120C.....

the only one that could remotely be true is 48C but even that's too high for even the NB =/

Nubius said:
Like I said when I tried choosing sensors, I have 3 to choose from and they always show -47C, 48C, and one says 120C.....

the only one that could remotely be true is 48C but even that's too high for even the NB =/

I just went to Abit and got the latest. I need to check again myself and see if there is anything newer.

I have that negative temp too quite odd. If you are using the stock NB cooler and are on 1.7v it is somewhat resonable temp...but still kinda high. it takes 2.0v for mine to get that hot on a copper HS.

EDIT: www.nvidia.com also has NF2 unified drivers, those might be later than Abit's (2002). I haven't tried them...but i might...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom