Which SATA scsi adapter to choose from floppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I am so embarassed! I forgot to plug in the floppy power cord. *Blush* That explains my problems with starting it up.

OK it worked fine once I did that, now I just don't know which drivers to install.

Intel(R) 82801 FR SATA RAID
Intel(R) 82801 ER SATA AHCI
Intel(R) 82801 ER SATA RAID
and Silicon Sil Image 3112 SATA RAID are my options

and here I was thinking....nah, suggesting people check power connections has never been the problem... :p

It didn't work, I didn't try it yet. What happens if it doesn't?

Yeah the reason that took me so long to figure out was that I didn't realize I needed another cable in it...until I had the brilliant idea to check my old computer.

DRATS, HELP

The Sil 3112 mentioned did not work. After installing it and starting Windows it still said there were no hard disks connected to the computer.
I will try the other 3 but they look to be for Intel machines only.

On the A-bit website there is a Driver download for "AMD 64 processer" but it doesn't mention SATA at all. Could that be the correct scsi adapter???
If so do I just download it to a floppy like I would any other file? I heard something about making it the root of the disk or something.

You can scroll down on that list, or at least I have been able to every time. It is most likely going to be one of those Silicon 1's tho. You can pick one and then go back in and pick another, and keep doing that until you have picked all the silicon ones and then try it. Windows will pick the right one out of the ones you load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom