new to forum. need some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrx7

Solid State Member
i have a e machines t2482 with an amd athlon xp 2400+ 1.99 ghz and 256 mb of ram. right now i am using a nvidea geforce2 mx400 video card. i have an ati radeon 9200 but the nvidea seems to work better. operating system is xp home.

i would like my computer to play games better but dont know where to start. i like first person shooter games but they regularly crash back to the start menu.

can you all help me work thru this? im a great mechanic, but dont know much about computers. if there is any more info you all need, just ask.

ive got 1 agp slot and 4 pci slots. one open memory slot. havent really though of a budget yet. dont really know what i need to get it running. i though of a better graphics card but when i switched to the ati card i had more trouble and it was a bigger card. so that led me to think something else needed upgrading. ill check out prices on what you all reccomend.

what can you all tell me about these motherboard combos. i seen some with the new amd proccessor and lots of ram but dont know anything about the boards.

ive got an agp slot. the nvidia board is in it. the ati board went in the pci slot. wow. 400 bucks for the 6800 gt! i had no idea! thats out of the qeustion right now. the ram i can do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom