2 Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngt007

Solid State Member
I have 2 hard drives in my computer and i dunno if there working right or not. I was wondering if there was a way to make the hard drives work 2 gether like only one drive instead of D and C if so can someone tell me the process of what i have 2 do

you have to put them in raid 0 or 1. I think u have to set it in the bios, but i have never done it.

alright one more question Every time I boot my computer up i get this NTLDR missing how do I make that go away

Do a google on how to do a repair install to get rid of the NTLDR error.

You cannopt turn your system and second HD into 1 drive without formatting and setting up a RAID-0 array. Also, your IDE/SATA controller needs to support it.

I would suggest you resize your current XP partition using Partition Magic and create a 2nd partition on driveA. Then use XP's dynamic drive feature to setup a software raid config using the 2nd partition on driveA and the main partition on driveB.

Only available in XP Profesional.

Also before putting your hard drives in raid make sure they are the exact same model and size otherwise it wont work.

Youngt007 said:
alright one more question Every time I boot my computer up i get this NTLDR missing how do I make that go away

you need to finish installing your OS. what's up major. where your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom