Need advices (HDs and OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Baseband Member
Hello !
I have recently bought a Seagate 40Go HD (7200rpm), and I have already an old Seagate 8Go HD (5600rpm). I have two possibility : I can put my OS (Win2k) and my game on the 40Go (7200) HD and use the 8Go (5600) for a second PC I'll build, or use the 8Go (5600) for Win2k and the 40Go (7200) for my games. What should I do ?

hi there,..what you do depends on what you priortize..

if youre into heavy gaming and you want to install tons of games,..then use the 40gb and just use the 8gb on the second pc. but assuming that this second pc will actually have the latest, if not, newer and faster components compared to your current pc..then i suggest that you use the 40gb with this second pc.

i hope it makes sense. please correct me if i got it wrong...

Well in fact my second PC is just an Athlon XP 1800+, Geforce2 mx 200 32SDR (first is 2600+ GeForce FX5600 256DDR). What I wonder is which solution will give the fastest system for my first computer.

By the way, I'm sorry but I haven't all your message undurstand...
I'm French and there is some things I don't totally understand. ;)

i suggest you put the bigger/faster drive,..which is the 40gb,..on the faster system. btw,...whats "hello" in french?

I also can use both on the faster system, and put Win2k on the 5600 8Go and the games on the 7200 Go... Is it better to have only one fast hd on which i put Win and the games or one slower with win2k and one with the games...

Now French lessons : "Hello" in french is "Salut"
We also say "Bonjour" for both "good morning" and "Good afternoon", "Bonsoir" for "Good evening" and "Bonne nuit" for "good night".

And we say "Merci beaucoup" for "Thank you very much".
lol

if you put both HD,..the 40G 7200 and the 8G 5600/5400(im not sure)...all hd will run at 5400/5600,..its ok,..but its not ideal if you want full system performance.

Ok... I'll put win2k and the games on the same drive, and the 8go on the second computer !
Thank you very much for the help !

Merci beaucoup ! ;)

well i suggest installing ur OS on ur new 7200 rpm drive , coz this will give u much better preformance than ur old HD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom