VGA to SVIDEO Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyear99

Solid State Member
Hi

I am trying to output to my TV using my laptop. The problem is that I only have VGA out on my laptop. I wanted a cheap solution so I tried using a VGA to SVIDEO cable using this cable on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3759&item=5150804185&rd=1

I tried using the standard rca jack and also the svideo jack. My laptop does not have many features in the "display" link in the control panel. I use the fn + f4 to output to my monitor and have been trying to do it with the cable while it is attached to my TV. However when I do it all that happens is the tv flashes in black and white for a bit and I can barely see the text for about 2 seconds, after that the tv goes blank and my laptop screen stays on. I don't know what I am doing wrong any ideas? I wanted a cheap solution :p

I have tried doing it with the tv plugged in while booting up the pc as well as plugging it in after the computer has started no difference.

refresh rate on a laptop?

what are you smoking?

laptops have lcd's so they have "response timing" which, - corect my if im wrong - i dont think can be changed up or down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom