This is for who are u who rplied to my post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MESSIAH32

Solid State Member
hi no im not overclocking my comp. The fan is plugged into motherboard. Will my downloaded motherboard monitor 5 detect my cpu fan if its connected to a molex plug?. Also i got these adaptors with my case fans that allow u to use them from molex plugs can i use one off these to try it out. Also im from the uk and have looked in a pc shop called maplins my cpu fan at the moment is a 60mm one ive seen this adaptor that goes on the heatsink so u can use a 80mm fan. Is this a good idea would i see any difference in cpu temp. Last thing my cpu fan rps before it stopped working was in 5 figure numbers do cpu fans normally reach 5 figure rps or should it always be 4 figure numbers

many thanks for your replie meryy xmas paul

MESSIAH32 said:
The fan is plugged into motherboard. Will my downloaded motherboard monitor 5 detect my cpu fan if its connected to a molex plug?. Also i got these adaptors with my case fans that allow u to use them from molex plugs can i use one off these to try it out

If you have a newer motherboard then yes, you should be able to veiw the temps.

my cpu fan at the moment is a 60mm one ive seen this adaptor that goes on the heatsink so u can use a 80mm fan. Is this a good idea would i see any difference in cpu temp.

Yes, you would probably notice a change in temperature (lower temps of course).

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

-Dan The Man

i havent seen any fans running over 10000 rpms. that sounds like a malfunction. i would also guess that was loud as hell.

jblaze725 said:
i havent seen any fans running over 10000 rpms. that sounds like a malfunction. i would also guess that was loud as hell.

Yes, but at least your getting some major air flow :D

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom