which processor upgrade would be best

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think mine is sufficient at all. My processor is a dinosaur and my mobo is out dated too. I want at least 2.4 Ghz and dont care if its pentium. An AMD processor would be fine also

How much are you willing to spend and what can you strip from your other computer? Read the rest of my post that I edited. I built a 2.8 GHz computer a few months ago and I hit 3.73 GHz with it and it is a daemon. Are you comfortable with overclocking?

i want to spend as little as possible without sacrificing good gaming quality. i can take my video card and my memory but it is pc133 and pc100 and my modem also. as far as overclocking i am not to familiar with the whole process.

well then i suggest you use an Abit AI7 motherboard as that comes with a uguru windows based ocing utility which allows for easy overclocking, the video card will bottleneck the system, the memory you can't use, what about hdd and cd rom?

You can probably salvage all but the motherboard/CPU/Graphics, and possibly RAM. If you actually concentrate on what you need, they don't necessarily amount to much $. As Megadeth2 has said, you can save a lot of money using old peripherals.

ty for the help. i'm gonna check around to see what i can find out around where i live about having a system built the check with you guys to see what u all think. thanks again

if any of u r willing to give out a phone # i would be willing to call so i can get a better understanging of all i need to do

Anything at isbd.biz will get to me, and I'll be happy to offer advice. "ben" at the aforementioned adress would be preferable. Sorry for the roundabout way of saying it, but I hate spam spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom