NEED HELP! w/ video card inst

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettedude

Beta member
(I suck with computers and know nothing about them but here goes nothing) I have tried all day to do this and need some major help. I have an Nvidia video card built in to my computer. i just bought a radeon 9600se.(it is AGP). To install it says i must first install an agp driver from the the motherboards chipset or whatever i dunno neways it has a list of site but not for for nvidia..... so i went to the nvidia main site but they do not offer an agp download. I skiped this section thinking sense i cant find one then mabe it will work neways so i unistalled old graphic card software. And then installed the radeon card but i keep getting a black screen(with both video cards). SO i took it out and the old card worked again so now im stuck what can i possibly do to get the new card to work please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you install the drivers off the cd that come with the card? The driver should be on that cd. In the via 4in1 you should install this if you have not done so. Here is the via 4in1 most updated driver click here

Well dont say that because its a waste of money.

Check the post in pc games forum for what i said for you to do vette.

post this in only one place... you'll get less help spaming this all over the forum and pissing ppl off.
i will respond however... only to the one in the correct location!

first off, what operating system are you using?
what motherboard... ect. ect..

if you want help, you must give details to those trying to help you, otherwise we don't know what we're trying to diagnose. you can't just tell a doctor, "it hurts." he wants to know where, how, and why...

assuming it's xp or something not so teribly old...

step one, look up your motherboard on it's maker's website and flash the bios... there should be instructions on the website for how to do that.
step two install the drivers for the new card.
step three install the card into the computer. it should work.

If you don't have the AGP miniport driver installed yet, the nForce UDP (found in NVIDIA's driver download section) contains pretty much everything you need for the motherboard portion (under platform drivers).

Use DriverCleaner first to get rid of the old display drivers. When uninstalling, make sure to ONLY uninstall the display driver and not the drivers for the GART, audio, SMBus, etc.

Usually your BIOS will automatically disable the integrated graphics once an AGP card is detected. If this is not the case, allow the OS to automatically detect the integrated graphics, then disable it through the Device Manager of the System Properties (Windows NT/2K/XP) or the System Properties itself (Windows 95/98/ME). From there you can install the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom