windows can't find my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

plowman123

Beta member
hi everyone,
i'm new to this forum and i have a problem. i just built my second computer on christmas day :D and everything worked untill i tried to install Windows. I got the 'Welcome to Setup' screen and pressed ENTER, but Windows then told me that there were no Hard drives installed. i've tried installing the correct drivers for the SATA but have had no luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. And a merry christmas to you all. thanks.

When you're booting the computer, have you tried inserting the driver CD that came with your SATA drive?

These should contain info for the BIOS on how to access the SATA drive. Then you should be able to continue on to installing the OS.

thanks for your response bla!!, but i bought my drive OEM and so it came with no cd's or anything like that.:mad:

check jumper settings. you shouldnt need drivers. check settings in your bios and make sure that the SATA ports arent disabled

seems rather basic I know, but check to make sure everything is connected. Usually when problems with hard drive not being recognized occurs it is due to connections. Not sure if same with sata (can someone clarify) but with ide would need to make sure it is setup as master/single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom