My Computer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

toogreen

Baseband Member
I have this posted in the Computer Hardware section, but havn't gotten any replies. Anyway, here it is.

Check Out This Computer Setup!

I am going to be purchasing a new computer, and will be building it myself, which is my first time. This is the list I have compiled, and would just like to hear any suggestions on what you might do differently if it was your setup. By the way, this is going to be for mostly gaming, as well as music downloads and internet browsing. My budget is $1000 , and I have most of that spent already, as you can see here...

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939 512KB L2 Cache - $260
Asus "A8V Deluxe" - $129.50
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT, 128MB GDDR3, 128 bit, PCI Express - $186
Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA - $70
Rosewill 16X Double Layer DVD + / - - $56 (this is a CD/DVD ROM right?)
Raidmax Black Aluminum Game Case w/ 420 Watt PS - $88.88 (is the power supply efficent for my setup?)
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 512MB x 2 DDR PC-3200 - $198

Total - $990

Well this is what I have so far, still need a monitor and keyboard. I was also needing to know if these are all compadible parts. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

From what I can remember, the Asus A8V Deluxe doesn't support PCI Express.

Once again, go with the Winchester core rather than the Newcastle core if you are buying that proccesor.

Your writer should read all optical formats.

Not sure if your power supply can support all of your parts, it should. but you should check the rails and add up how much power all of your parts are going to consume.

Other than that, it all looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom