Reversed Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Ok my computer orignally came with Windows 95 and we sent it to upgrade to Windows 98 however now its giving us too much problems and we want to send it back as window 95 again. What steps do i take to un upgrade back to Windows 95?

Pop your 95 CD into your drive and boot up your computer, it should take you to the setup where you will then have the option of formatting your drive and installing the operating system.

Fascinating!

Thanks,

As for the other person who responded...the computer is like really ancient and XP wouldnt work at all it has a 64mb Max Ram Capacity and runs at 100mhz...lol

gaara said:
Pop your 95 CD into your drive and boot up your computer, it should take you to the setup where you will then have the option of formatting your drive and installing the operating system.

I highly doubt that is going to work, 95 used a boot disk, you will have to put that in and format the hard drive then do an install of 95

Josh

I believe under add/remove programs there is something that will allow you to roll back to 95 if the option to backup old os was selected during upgrade. Been a long time since i performed that 95 to 98 upgrade so I cant remember for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom