ultimate gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should be safe and go AGP instead of PCI express, I have not heard any definitive statements taking PCIE over AGP, but I am not terribly familiar with them.

I think you should be safe and go AGP instead of PCI express, I have not heard any definitive statements taking PCIE over AGP, but I am not terribly familiar with them.
PCI Express eliminates the bottleneck up and down transfer rate that AGP still struggles with, not to mention transfer rates that are twice as fast as AGP.

Why would you say this? I'm going to buy the 4000+, but im interested to here your reasoning on this matter, considering the 55 has a higher clock speed and everything else is the same.
From what I have read, the 4000+ is just plain faster than the FX-55, and it overclocks a lot better as well. Don't always be decieved by frequency speed.

hmmm i dont get this this says "AMD ATHLON 64 4000+ S939 NEWCASTLE 2.4GHZ 1MB CPU" why does it say 2.4ghz does that mean that 4000+ is like a pentium 2.4?
AMD makes faster and better cores than Intel, so they don't have to clock them as high to reach the same performance level as Intel. Consider the 4000+ as an equivelent to a Pentium 4 clocked at 4Ghz. Also, Winchester Cores are better than Newcastle cores, so dish out the few extra bucks and get the better core.

If you want the best of the best get this
Seagate 200gig SATA
2X6800Ultra
Thermaltake Xazer III VA2000D
Liqued nitrigen cooling

The amd 64 4000+ is just a FX-53 with locked multipliers. Get the FX-55 if you want the fastest gaming chip.

lol, i dont know where you people get your facts from, the 4000+ could not outperform the FX-55. the 4000 is just a renamed FX-53, which is older and slower than the FX-55, im not saying its slow, far from it.

The best gaming system would look something like:

Abit motherboard, with SLI (not out yet, due in soon, its like the asus one with SLI, but better.)
AMD Athlon FX-55
4x1024Mb sticks of PC3200 (or any other faster ram if you wanted to overclock)
2 6800Ultra EE's (best card out at the moment)
4x WD 148Mb Raptors ( 2 arrays, both RAID 0)
plextor optical drives
2.88Mb floppy drive (make that 2... lol)

:confused: i think thats about it.... anything of importance anyway because the other stuff like PSU and case is a matter of opinion, so in the true spirit of posting nicely on these forums, i wont start a flamewar by suggesting a case :D

4x1024Mb sticks of PC3200 (or any other faster ram if you wanted to overclock)
That's a waste of money right there, no consumer application out right now, even the most hardcore games, would ever need that much memory.

Also, I don't know why the hell a gaming PC would need nearly 600GBs of storage space, that's barbaric, and especially considering the cost of the Raptor drives right now, that's just not economical. If he ever did get 4 of those drives, I'd go with a RAID 0+1 rather than two RAID 0 arrays.

Yeah, you dont need 4GB Ram. I would suggest SCSI Dual Drives, along with the FX-55, 2GB Ram.

4 Gigs of ram is quite a waste i must say. Todays applications dont even get close to using 2 gigs never mind 4 gigs.
As for the FX 55 and the 4000+. The FX 55 wips the 4000+ ass.
The FX 55 runs at 2.6Ghz and has unlocked multi's and can overclock to almost 3Ghz on stock cooling. As for the 4000+ it runs at 2.4Ghz and has locked multi's as for the overcloking i dont really know how it does.
Unless someone else can prove me wrong i say the FX55 beats the 4000+.

My Ultimate Gaming Rig

AMD 64 FX 55
DFI SLI Mobo (Not yet out)
2 x Gainwood 6800 Ultras (Golden Samples. Not sure if they make these yet)
1 GIG OCZ 3200 Platium rev 2
OCZ DDR Booster
2x WD 80Gb SATA in raid 0
Logitech Z5500 speakers.
Plextor optical drives
Logitech MX 1000 Cordless Laser Mouse

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom