Windows XP Start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbbx0tn2

Beta member
Hi,

I have recently bought a new 80gb hard drive as my old one completetly collapsed on me, so I am needing to launch my computer from scratch.

I have a windows xp backup disc, yet cannot get onto the windows screen from starting up my computer using this disc.

It has been suggested I need a bootup disc, yet I can't create a disc like this as this requires me to go into My Computer, then the floppy drive etc when I am not able to get this far.

When I insert the windows xp disc into my dvd drive, I get the message "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart." When I restart I get exactly the same message.

What does this mean I have to do???

Please Help.

Cheers,

Tim

Yeah thanks, but this website has a lot of options on to download, and also charges for the service. Any other way??

mbbx0tn2,

When I insert the windows xp disc into my dvd drive, I get the message "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart." When I restart I get exactly the same message.

You need to change the boot sequence in the BIOS options to make the first boot device as CD/DVD ROM and the 2nd one as HDD to boot from the windows XP CD. Windows XP boot disk is like 6 floppies, it sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom