laptop for recording music

Status
Not open for further replies.

bango

Solid State Member
hey there, i wan't to get a laptop and use it pretty much only for recording and mixing music. the program isn't the issue...

what the issue is, is finding a laptop with a really good sound card, other then that I dont think it really needs really good specs.

i probably only need like a 1.something cpu

512 ddr ram

40 gigs

shitty graphics card

good sound card..

where can i find a laptop with that, can i get one custom built with a good sound card... i live in toronto if anyone knows of any sites or stores that can do that for here

also, do any of you recommend something different on the specs, and will a guitar patch cable to 1.3mm plug affect the sound quality or no?

mmmm im more worried about sound cards, because if it were a pc, i already have all the software

and it'd be for recording music like i said, so i really want the best scard i can get

go to a music equipment store, i think toronto has a steve's music store. look in the yellow pages for a music store that specializes in computer music hardware, they should have a good selection of high quailty recording cards.

i went to steves today, once i got there it was closed. would those cards be compatible with a laptop?

i dont really need a recording card, i just need a good sound card.

plug my guitar and mic right into it and use the program to record

Hey!

Why don't you try out some of the M-Audio gear? It's really good stuff!

I'd suggest this one for use with a laptop:
M-Audio FireWire 410 (Click)

Make sure your laptop's got a firewire port for this one though. If not, look through their USB range.

TMT. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom