Help With Nvidia Fx5700

Status
Not open for further replies.

herr bodezimmer

Beta member
I have a nvidia ge-force fx5700 running on an MSI motherboard with Windows XP SP (service package) when I run splinter cell pandora tomorrow and Unreal tournament 2004 my computer shuts down and reboots. I dont understand why. I have 512mb of ram and a 2.0ghz 64bit AMD processor. I know it involves my video card. I am getting really angry at this so please help me soon if you know the problem. It is a brand new computer so i doubt it is the power supply. usually happens when leaving ut2004 or joining servers in splinter cell.

I used to have the same problem when I tried to open halo my computer would give the the blue screen of death then restart. I thougth it was my drivers so I treid updating to the most recent and it didn't work. Then i tried getting an older driver and as strange as it seemed... the game would run. I don't know if that would work for you because I have a GF 4 4200. But I say it's worth a try!

I would be lead to believe that its a PSU issue. Maybe your PSU isn't strong enough for your graphics card? If not, try doing a Memtest86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom