About W32.Blaster.Worm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Hold on to your mice, there's another bug running rampant through Internet-connected computers today.

The so-called W32.Blaster.Worm surfaced in the U.S. Monday afternoon and almost immediately jumped to a "category 4" threat, according to anti-virus software manufacturer Symantec Corp. The worm spread quickly today through Europe and Asia.

Nicknamed "LovSan" because of the message left behind in infected computers, the worm is designed to launch a Saturday attack on a Web site operated by Microsoft Corp. It also causes infected computers to become unstable, often causing the machines to reboot or knocking them off the Internet.

The worm affects computers running Windows XP and Windows 2000, but not older versions of Microsoft's operating system. It takes advantage of a highly-publicized flaw in the Windows operating system.

The bug initially is spread by e-mail, but later spreads from computer servers to other computers on a network.

Microsoft, Symantec and other anti-virus software companies are offering patches to protect computers from the worm and free software programs to remove the worm from affected computers.

I also heard it infected much of Maryland's computers leaving people without doing their reutine for the day.

*PyRo* said:
maybe if there is an attack on microsoft, linux and the small guys might get a chance

Well, thats not the greatest way to put it in good terms!:p Although I myself, feel Bill Gates has too much of a monopoly, there are many employees at Microsoft that don't deserve this! LOL

I't an attack on windows!

I LOVE linux, but I'm against this action, because I want that everybody takes linux and than windows will go down.
So everybody will know that linux is the best!

i'd have to agree with the linux fans...

can anybody give me a clue on how this virus works,..i heard that it actually uses your internet bandwidth to bring microsoft websites or something like that,..please correct me. i need some spanking.

Hmm... And this isn't compatible with the Mac OS I suppose? Darn. Another destructive worm I can't have.

I would just LOVE to trouble shoot with you all, but I'm too busy laughing. :p

if it keeps crashing each infected computer how is it supposed to launch an attack on microsofts websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom