DVD media

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
After recieving a dvdrw drive for christmas I am in need of some dvd media. What is the best brand to get for dvdr. I have a dual layer drive so either + or -. Is one better than the other? How about dvdrw? I am new to the dvd media relm.

Thanks.

This may sound silly, but has been my experience. I have found that DVD+R plays superior in terms of movies in a home DVD player. I have had some trouble playing the DVD-R discs in my DVD player. Other than that you cant go wrong with either - or +. I would wait for prices to go down to even think about purchasing a Dual Layer DVD as I think they are 3 for $30 right now..yikes..lol.

I have actually had no problems with the Memorex 8X DVD+R series. I had worlds of trouble with the Memorex CD-R's so I was hesitant on buying them, but they are far more superior quality then there CD-R's. I tried the cheap target brand, but that didnt go so well.

I have an 8x drive but even if I had 8x media I'd burn at half of that speed for stability. 8x vs 16x....minutes difference....maybe 5 minutes tops.

Maybe not longer...
No coasters. Burning at top speeds can create more room for errors. I play it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom