AGP 6600 gt v. 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
pAce said:
I thought it was already released, unless i'm mis-understanding something here--

6600 gt @ newegg

Wow my head must be back in time! Gimme a break it was 5 in the morning when I typed that and I still can't sleep.:p

Yeah it was officially released on the 16th November but not everywhere has it yet.

alright, thanks for all the links everybody, i'll probably go with the 6600

i have a question should i upgrade my 9600xt to 6600GT or should save more money till i can get a 6800GT but that might take months

The only version of the 6600GT AGP that is released atm is the XFX one, and from what I've heard, you should try to stay away from XFX. BFG's website says "By the end of the week" in a news article posted on the 16th, so maybe sometime this week for them.

pAce I had all the exact questions that you have. I almost made this same post myself! Someone please answer the question, which is more important memory interface or clock speeds? And the reviews I looked up basically says the 6600gt wins whenever the resolution is bigger than 1024 x 768, which I never use anything bigger than this anyway! In some cases the radeon 9800pro outperformed the 6600gt in smaller resolutions! And the AGP version of the 6600gt is harder to find, particularly on eBay. Mostly all I play is HL2, CS Source, and DOD and I dont know how the 6600gt performs in any of those. I don't really give a crap about DOOM.:rolleyes: You can also overclock the 9800pro to XT very, very easy apparently. Someone answer our questions! By the way the x700 isnt out in AGP is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom