Case Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cebus Capucinus

Beta member
Well I have a case right now, and I wanted to pop my motherboard in to check out what it's like. I'm waiting for a new motherboard to fit in it. It's an ATX case with a PS of 400w.

My motherboard specs are here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&product=71033&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bph07028

I just want to know if I can pop my motherboard in there now and it be safe. If you don't know, then let me know what is the worse possible outcome. Kind of curious and anxious to try out the new case. So, if I can do this and not have any problems, then let me know. :) Thanks.

Well why wouldn't it be safe?

It's a case, it's meant to hold motherboards, I don't really see what you're asking here in terms of what could possibly happen.

Usually though prebuilt computers like that from HP have their own case and motherboard dimensions so you can't just throw any old mobo in the HP case and you can't throw an HP mobo into a normal ATX case. They make it that way on purpose

Well, I was just worried about the PS on the case being too much for the motherboard. So...if the mobo fits than it's safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom