Computer Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discusman

In Runtime
Hi all,

I am using a PII 400MHz box as a web server. Lately I noticed the fan is not running most of the time even though the box is ON 24/7 since it is hosting a website 24/7.

The fan at the back of the computer (The fan that cool down the power circuit?) is not running and the tempature is high, I can feel it in the air or by touching the computer case.

What are my options? Does it worth to replace a new fan since it is a very old computer?

Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

This is the fan that is in the power supply? If it is not running then you would have to replace it. A 300 or 400 watt psu is all you would need. I suggest antec, they make great psu. Look for one that has two fans so it helps to exaust the air in your case as well.

Edit:

Since your computer is old, would you be able to replace the psu? You would have to look and see if the psu can be taken out and replaced. If not then you would have to take the computer to be repaired.

Well since you have a server, witch is always on, and you stated its pretty hot. I suggest you take it up a level and get a little technical.

I agree with AND_YOU_ARE, you should replace your psu. I think it would be great if you got One 120mm Intake fan along with One 120mm Exaust fan. You might have to do case modding, but it would help alot.

Thanks for the replies. At this moment, I unscrewed the computer case open, so there would be some air going in and out.

The PSU seems difficult to replace since there are alot of wires attached to other devices inside of the box. I might need to take it to my local computer store.

I know the PSU itself isn't cost much(maybe $10?). But I am not sure how much they will charge for labor.

I would rather get another computer if the cost exceeds $200.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom