PC componant Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
Okay, I'm new to the forum, but it looks like many of you are very knowledgable so I going to pose a few questions. I am about to build a new system and have some questions:

1)I have an Asus A7N8X-E deluxe board, what happens if I install corsair XMS platinum series registered ECC 512mb modules though the board manual sais that is only supports unbuffered non-ECC?

2)I want to upgrade to an the new ASUS SLI board with the nForce 4 chipset. I want to get two multi GPU ready MSI nVidia 6800 256mb and run them in SLI mode. Has anyone heard of how great this setup would perform. I currently am running an ati 9800 pro with a athlon 2400 xp and 512 of pc 2100 on the board I mentioned earlier. It runs Doom 3 okay but It can get choppy at times, as does morrowind. It runs unreal tournament 2004 like a champ!

3)I have heard that if you do get the two 6800 boards running in SLI mode, you need to have a 550 watt power supply, any thoughts on how necessary this is?

4)How much performance boost would I get if I overclocked every componant of the system I had, based on the article titled basic guide to overclocking found in this forum?

5)What is the most recommended site to buy componants from? I have used tigerdirect, but I created my shopping cart at newegg for all these new componants and they seem to have the best prices. Any suggestions?

I think that is all the quesitons I have for now. Thank you for the assistance and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom