First Self-Built MAchine PLZ Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtallison75

Beta member
-Raidmax Model 268WBP(SILVER) 10-bay Case
-MSI Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4/800mhz FSB Processors, Model 865G Neo2-LS
-Intel Pentium 4 / 2.8CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB
-ATI OEM SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB DVI/TV 8X AGP
-Sony CDRW/DVD 48x CD-ROM, 24x Re-Write 48x Record and 16x DVD-ROM
-SONY DDU1612/B2 BLACK 16X DVD ROM
-WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
-(2 additional) COOLER MASTER TLF-R82 (TLF-R82-E1) ( Blue )Neon L.E.D. Fan
-(2)CORSAIR 256MB PC3200 VALUE SELECT. DDR RAM
-RAIDMAX PS-400WALB LP-6100 (400W) Blue Aluminum Power Supply.

......This look like its gonna work??Forgotten anything? First one I've built. It not that difficult right?

Looks good to me... but the Corsair Value Select RAM might not be so good for overclocking. If you don't plan to overclock at all, then it'll be just fine.. But if you're looking to squeeze a bit more performance out of this down the road, you might want to invest in some higher quality sticks.

Yes, I would also be willing to trade my bike for that system. Mind you, it's a ratbagged 5 year old Norco Bush Pilot that's been taken off numerous 4-5 foot drops, which is pretty hard on a nearly 100% stock bike with no suspension ;)

haha! thats nasty! :) :)are those drops with you on it? or just the bike alone?lol!..j/k bro:)
however, i was referring to my yamaha yz 1993 125cc bike. still running great and in very good condition, even after all those years of multiple crashes and road rashes. :) and thats with me on it.

Looks good.. Should do rather well.. I'm not a big fan of MSI, but I haven't heard anything bad about their newer P4 boards..

I don't know off the top of my head if that board will Dual Channel the DDR, however, with the value select ram, I would be carefull about that.. Without having matched sticks, you may be playing with the CAS and voltages to get them to sync properly.

Have a good one,
Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom