Free disk defragmenter downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Are there any Free disk defragmenter downloads ou on the net that work well. The one that came with my system is terrible. Any help is appreciated.

willsko87 said:
lol...a lot of people seem to under estimate the power of Google

Or the power of the built in Windows defrager. What's wrong with the built in one?

neversleeps said:
windows defragger is the worst ive ever used, i currently have diskeeper and o&o

If it defragments whats fragmented what does it matter? I don't get the hype on Diskeeper and other third-party fragmenters. I've used the Pro version of Diskeeper and there is nothing special about it.

the longest diskeeper has ever taken to defrag my 2 windows partitions equaling 52 gigs has been less than an hour, windows defragger has taken up to 5 or so and usually is done in 10 mins or less plus there is none of that retarded compacting files for 30 mins that windows defragger does but to each his own, i believe some 3rd party defraggers are better than windows

GrayT said:
... I don't get the hype on Diskeeper and other third-party fragmenters. I've used the Pro version of Diskeeper and there is nothing special about it.

I've had Diskeeper lock up many times with XP Pro, I consider that pretty special. Windows defragger works better in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom